Monday, August 8, 2011

Tales From the Terrible Twos

There is never a dull moment with a toddler running around.

Here is an incident from when my son was 2 that was in an older blog but I will share it on here, just in case another mother of a 2 year old needs a laugh.

One day I was trying to get ready to go to the mall and as I am straightening my hair Christopher runs downstairs and into my room in a frenzy, just like every time he makes a huge mess, and says to me "Oh No!" very enthusiastically. I follow him up stairs to see what the problem is and as we are going up the stairs I notice his diaper is missing. I immediately begin to dread seeing what is upstairs. He points and says "pee pee" at the huge puddle of pee in the middle of the kitchen floor, what he fails to mention is there is also a nice pile of poo right beside the pee. I go to grab him so I can get a diaper on him to ensure this does not happen again and he runs away, not wanting another diaper. He runs right into the puddle of pee and steps in the poop before slipping and falling right on his back with pee splattering everywhere. So my kitchen floor is pee splattered and covered in poopy footprints. I thought stuff like this only happened in the movies. Who knew? Needless to say instead of spending the evening shopping, we both hopped in the shower and then cleaned the hardwood floors in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment